Monday, May 28, 2007

TBR Challenge 2007 (continued)

5 MONTHS IN AND WE'RE STILL LOOKING GOOD!

With spring well sprung and summer definitely into bloom, May has come and gone. But, I'm SIX titles into the challenge and I've actually started on the seventh. Amazing! Here's the list as it currently stands with completed titles italicized and highlighted in red (OK, OK, I've cheated a little and shown the one I'm only partway through as finshed as well). So sue me ... I'm still pretty proud of it and I've actually managed a teeny, tiny dent in Mt TBR to show for it!

1. Strange Cargo – Jeffrey Barlough (fantasy)
2. The World is Flat – Thomas L Friedman (non-fiction, sociology)
3. Angels and Demons – Dan Brown (thriller)
4. The Angel of Darkness – Caleb Carr (historical fiction)
5. Vancouver – David Cruise and Alison Griffiths (historical fiction)
6. Dreaming the Eagle – Manda Scott (historical fiction)
7. Rite of Passage – Alexei Panshin (classic sci-fi)
8. The Man Who Mapped the Arctic – Peter Steele (history)
9. The Historian – Elizabeth Kostova (fantasy)
10. Dark Fire – CJ Sansom (historical fiction
11. Backbeat – J Frederick Arment (sci-fi)
12. The Lions of Al-Rassan – Guy Gavriel Kay (fantasy)

Alternates:
1. Colonization: Aftershocks – Harry Turtledove (sci-fi)
2. War of the Flowers – Tad Williams (fantasy)
3. Clothar the Frank – Jack Whyte (historical fiction)
4. West of Eden – Harry Harrison (sci-fi)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Very impressive!! I'm so behind in this challenge!! But I'm reading what I want to for now...so I'll catch up later!