Thursday, January 04, 2007

I'VE REACHED MY GOAL!

Just three months on the Bernstein diet and, frankly, I'm blown away by how successful it's been. I started at 193 pounds, size 37 pants, 16 1/2 neck and a 44 chest in a suit jacket. By the greatest of coincidences, a local charity phoned us this evening and asked if we wanted to leave a load of clothing out for pick-up and, you guessed it, my wardrobe is now officially completely useless! I was thrilled to tell the person who called to "come and get 'em!" A whole collection of men's suits that I couldn't wear to save my soul!

I dropped into the local men's shop to buy the first installment of a new wardrobe. Size 40 jackets, size 32 pants, 15 1/2 neck on the shirts and I'm down to 150 pounds even. Not too bad for a former short fat guy!

The New Year's resolution is to keep the weight off now!

5 comments:

1morechapter said...

Congrats on your weight loss. I'm starting to work on that myself.

Diamond said...

I'm so proud of you! Losing weight is really hard!

Anonymous said...

That's great. I need to follow in your foot steps.

MizB said...

Much congratulations, Paul! I've been struggling with my weight for the last 8 years, and am hoping that -- now that I've discovered Intuitive Eating -- I'll be able to get the 25 lbs off, and keep them off for good! ;o)

<>< Mizbooks

W said...

Hey, congrats on your successful weight loss -- that is awesome! I think it's fab you donated your outgrown clothes to a worthy cause!

Cheers!