Sunday, August 05, 2007

"By the Decades" Challenge - Update

This particular challenge is coming along strongly and shaping up for completion well before the end of 2007 and WAY ahead of schedule. As you read this entry, I'm actually halfway through Doc Smith's "Triplanetary", so even if I stopped at this point I can lay claim to having read a novel published in nine consecutive decades. But this is one challenge I am determined to finish completely. Stay tuned!

Here's the link to 3M's blog for a detailed explanation of the rules and a list of participants.


Completed titles appear in red italics.

1870 The Law and the Lady - Wilkie Collins
1880 A Study in Scarlet - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
1890 The Well at World's End - William Morris
1900 First Men in the Moon - HG Wells
1910 The Poison Belt - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
1920 The Mysterious Affair at Styles – Agatha Christie
1930 Burmese Days – George Orwell
1940 Triplanetary - EE "Doc" Smith
1950 The Voyage of the Space Beagle – AE van Vogt
1960 The Chrysalids – John Wyndham
1970 Mission of Gravity – Hal Clement
1980 West of Eden – Harry Harrison
1990 Plum Island – Nelson DeMille
2000 Ptolemy's Gate – Jonathan Stroud

3 comments:

1morechapter said...

Excellent progress!

Stephanie said...

You are totally rocking on this challenge! I think I only have 3 or 4 finished (though Beneath a Marble Sky was one of them!)

I'm just getting back from vacation, and I'm trying to catch up on all my favorite blogs and groups. I have many reviews of yours to read (but I did check out the James Patterson one) I have to agree, his writing has declined so much!

David James said...

Fancy Apna Showroom Plastic Tic Tac Hair Clips for Women (Multicolour) -24 Pieces
Apna Showroom Tic tac or Tik tak - 24 piece - hair pin clips for women girls - 24 Piece wooden clips
tik tak hair clips pins for women girls hair clips for women girls woman baby girls school office hair tiktak chimti tictac hair pin tic tac tiktak saree pins blousepin
Pantyhose Stockings for Women | Skin Color Pantyhose Offer Pack | Apna Showroom Beige skin stockings with desent Look